Thursday, March 15, 2012

Marked by Elisabeth Naughton Review by JesykaJames

Review for Marked by Elisabeth Naughton

Title: Marked
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 321
Format: Paperback
Source: Big W
Release Date: April 23rd 2010
Publisher: Love Spell
Series: Yes
No. in Series: Book 1


Synopsis: THERON—Dark haired, duty bound and deceptively deadly. He’s the leader of the Argonauts, an elite group of guardians that defends the immortal realm from threats of the Underworld.
From the moment he walked into the club, Casey knew this guy was different. Men like that just didn't exist in real life—silky shoulder-length hair, chest impossibly broad, and a predatory manner that just screamed dark and dangerous. He was looking for something. Her.

She was the one. She had the mark. Casey had to die so his kind could live, and it was Theron’s duty to bring her in. But even as a 200-year-old descendent of Hercules, he wasn’t strong enough to resist the pull in her fathomless eyes, to tear himself away from the heat of her body.

As war with the Underworld nears, someone will have to make the ultimate sacrifice.



My Review: I liked this book, but I didn't love it. It was a fairly short book, I read it two days, which would normally be good... but at the end of this book I must say I felt... unsatisfied. The whole book seemed rushed to me, and the closer it got to the end the more rushed it felt. It had half a page at the end of 'happily ever after' which, well honestly, you have to kind of expect to a certain extent in a Paranormal Romance novel, but it was so rushed that I was barely interested in them working out there problems and getting together anyway. And though this is a continuation series, I don't think Casey and Theron are going to get anymore floor time.

I have to say, I feel like there wasn't a lot of effort on Elizabeth Naughton's part, there was some pretty good world building, but in the end what was lacking, for me, was the characters. I like to be drawn into a book by it's world, and it's characters. I had a hard time connecting with any of the characters in this novel. I feel like there wasn't enough... personality I suppose.

There were some very cute moments between Acacia and Theron, and I did genuinely like the banter that went on between them. I will say there was a spark between the characters, but not to the level of spark between; for example Larissa Ione's characters Ares and Cara.

"And what do you call this... this attraction between us?"
She cocked her head "Your problem?"
"I call it opportunity. A chance to see if fate is really pushing us toward a combined destiny. And there's one way to know for sure."
Her eyes narrowed. "How?"
He moved closer, barely brushing his body against hers, and felt her shudder. And oh, yeah, as far as gambles went, this was the big one. "All it takes is one night."
She blinked twice. "Are you for real?"
Then she laughed. Her laughter went on and on, to the point a frown worked it's way between his eyebrows. When she finally paused to breathe, tears were streaming down her cheek. "Oh, my God. That was the best line I've ever heard. 'Here sleep with me and I'll tell you if you're my destiny.' Nice one, Theron"

The entire relationship seemed rushed, and based only on the premise that they were soul-mates. Fated to be together.

I will say, that once again I am going to give this author another chance. I have ordered the second book in this series, and will hopefully have a better review for that. I hate to give bad reviews, but honestly, this was not a great books for me. It needed more. I do have hope though, that the second book will be better.




Rating: Two Tiny Bats out of Five


(I have decided to go back to the normal rating system, as it was getting to complicated between here and GoorReads.)



Posted By: JesykaJames
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Email: pages2crave@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated :D