Saturday, March 24, 2012

Entwined by Elisabeth Naughton; Review by JesykaJames

Review for Entwined by Elisabeth Naughton

Title: Entwined
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 322
Format: Paperback
Source: Fishpond (I went through Hades to get this book!!! I swear, the world was against me!!! But eventually, I got it 2nd hand from someone on Fishpond.)
Release Date: July 27th 2010
Publisher: Love Spell
Series: Yes
No. in Series: Book 2


Synopsis: Zander can't afford to think about what might have been with the bewitching physician he once regarded as his soul mate. But with eternity stretching before him, he also can't fathom spending his life without the one woman who makes him feel most alive. Perhaps he's found his weakness, after all . . .


My Review: I liked this book. It was... emotional. I really felt for Callia, and for Zander (who, I loved :D) There were a few plot holes, but all in all, I really liked the book.

Some minor things that irritated me; one scene in particular (I won't give too much away) there was a scene between Callia and Zander, and I feel like Zander's character was a bit... forceful, and I think it went against his character. I didn't like it. I mean, it was only one little tiny bit of a scene, where he kinda went a little too he-man. I just ignored it a little, and pretended it didn't happen.

There was a lot of character jumping, and sometimes that annoys me, but it was actually quite good in this book. I felt like they were fluid, and done well.

Some things about this book, that were better than the first; there was a much better emotional connection between the characters, and it didn't make me feel like they were only together because of the soul-mate bond. There was a particular line that I really appreciate being thrown in,

"If I could go back, I'd tell you that I loved you. And it's not because you're my soul-mate. If the Fates had pushed me towards someone else, I'd still have loved you." Zander said.

Some things that didn't change from the last book; well, the ending, for one thing. It, again, seemed really rushed. Quite anti-climactic also. The 'happily-ever-after' was there, but it was just so rushed at the last two or three pages. I felt like they were good characters, and maybe they deserved more than a rushed ending.

It was a really good book though, I really enjoyed it. I quite like Isadora and Orpheus, they seem to be quite interesting characters too. I also have a bit of a fascination with Demetrius. I've ordered the next book, and know that him and Isadora are in it, I'm really interested how that book will play out. I have hope that it will be the best book in the series.


Rating: I almost gave it four Tiny Bats, because I really did like the characters... but I just couldn't do it. Not with the ending being so rushed. So I gave it three Tiny Bats. Hopefully I will be able to give book three a better rating :D


Posted By: JesykaJames
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Email: pages2crave@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated :D