Saturday, December 03, 2011

Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison: Review by JesykaJames

Review for Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison



Genre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 305
Source: The Book Depository
Release Date: August 2rd 2011
Publisher: Berkley
Series Y/N: Yes.
No. in Series: Book 2

Found: I bought this book online, off of The Book Depository. Often when I buy book one in a series, I will buy two or more of it, if they are out. My reasoning; if I like book one, I hate waiting for book two. I am a very impatient person. :P

Synopsis: During the rule of her murderous Dark Fae uncle, Thistle "Tricks" Periwinkle found sanctuary among the Wyr in New York. Her ethereal beauty and sparkling personality won the hearts of the public, but after her uncle's death, there are those who don't want to see her ascend the throne...

Able to wield thunder and lightning, Wyr sentinel Tiago Black Eagle has ruled the skies for centuries. His massive build and thunderous power make him one of the Wyr's best weapons. And he's the one sent to protect Tricks when she's almost assassinated in Chicago.

Soon, both Tiago and Tricks will fall prey to the stormy hunger that engulfs them- a passion that will shake the very foundation of all the worlds.


My Review: Well... I almost don't have the words to describe how much I hated this book. It was bad. Bad. Bad. Bad. Sorry Thea, but this is far from your best work. I loved the first book in this series, and I could not believe how different this book was from the first. It took me longer to read this book than almost any book. Ever. I hated it. I hated every single page of it.
I was going to give the review a pass, because I didn't want my second review on the newly developed Adults Only version of TheBookMystess to be a book-bashing one, but then I realized, being a reviewer means honesty, no matter how bad I might feel about it.

Okay, so I can't just keep saying it is crap, and not give you some reasons. I'll try not to give out any spoilers.

The book is about Tiago and Tricks.

Tiago; a Wyr Warlord. 6ft+ giant scary guy. Normally, I would have loved him. Here's why I didn't.

Tricks aka Niniane; 4ft-ish. Looks like a doll. Dresses like a doll. Acts like a child. Looks like a child. (See where I'm going with this?) It was bad enough that she dressed, acted and looked like a child. What was worse, what that Tiago treated her like she was a child!!! I felt... wrong reading this book. It was like Tiago was in love with a 12yo girl, and I found it really distasteful. He was constantly picking her up and carrying her around like she was a child, and it made the book disturbing. He patted her on the head and called her a 'Good Girl,'

I can't possibly be the only person who is disturbed by this? Can I?

I would love to say that taking away the way Tricks and Tiago acted this would have been a good book, but in all honesty, I couldn't see past the disturbing aspects of the book to answer that.

In my opinion, this was a disturbing book, and I wish to god I had never picked it up. I was quite disturbed.

Sorry Thea Harrison, you had me with book one, but now... well. I am not sure. I have the third book, and I may read it. I just need some time to get this book out of my mind. Maybe I will read Dragon Bound again in a few weeks and try to remind myself how much I loved your writing.






I give it 0 Tiny Bats out of 5





I hope you all enjoy the review :) Let me know what you think.
Also, if anyone has any recommendations on what I should read or review let me know.




JesykaJames@TheBookMystress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated :D