Monday, October 31, 2011

Monique Interviews Jesyka

Monique Interviews Jesyka

Monique: What is your favorite book from your childhood and Why?

Jesyka: Haha, okay, my fav childhood book has to be 'The Pokey Little Puppy' from the Golden book classics. Hehe. I know it's a little weird, but I always loved the story of Pokey and his brothers and sisters running up the mountains, and through the fences and Pokey taking his blanket everywhere they went. Looking pieces along the way, until he had no blanket left. 

Monique: Do you ever Multi Task while reading?

Jesyka: Haha, that is a really good question. Yes, I do!!! I have a really bad habit of reading more than one book at a time. I also listen to music while reading, and usually have at least one dog on my lap, trying desperately to distract me for pats. 

Monique: What is the worst book you have ever read, and why?

Jesyka: Oooh, this one is hard. I have read some really bad books, but I hate giving bad reviews... sometimes they are deserved though. I think I would have to say, the worst book I have read would be Meridian by Amber Kizer. It had little to no plot. It rambled. The characters were one dimensional, at best. It was just an all round bad book. Usually, no matter how bad the first book in a series, I buy the second. But I will never buy book two in that series. It was... bad. Just... bad. 

I also have an unnatural hate of Laurell K. Hamilton... but that is a story for another day. 

Monique: What or who is your biggest inspiration and why?

Jesyka: My biggest inspiration... well, I have a lot of different people who inspire me for different reasons. My biggest inspirational author would have to be Adrian Phoenix. Her writing is amazing, and she is a genuinely nice person. My sister Skye inspires my art. And my friends inspire my insane side, which is also my writing. Hehe. Music is also a really big inspiration for me. Mostly, the lyrics. Sometimes, I will hear a line in a song, and that will inspire a whole character in an instant, or an idea for a novel. 

Monique: When it comes to reading, what is it that you like about Adult Fiction, that differs from Young Adult or maybe some other Genre?

Jesyka : Hmmm... I think the big difference between Adult Fiction, and Young Adult is the main characters age. I find that it is harder for me to connect with the YA characters because they are younger than me, and going through different things to me. They deal with situations different to what I would do. I find that in Adult Fiction, the characters are more around my age, and have similar thinking patterns to me... except maybe the serial killer characters *evil smile* I read a lot of Paranormal Romance... so sex is probably also a big difference. In a lot of the books I read there is sexual heat and chemistry between characters, that you don't really have in YA. And though I do like, and read a fair bit of YA, Para and Sci-Fi are my fav Genres.  

Monique: When you are not reading is it easy for you to function with out thinking about a scene from the books?

Jesyka: Actually, it is quite easy for me to leave a book, once I put it down. Mostly due to my anxiety. My high anxiety levels, and concentration issues make it hard for me to think about things, like what I was reading. So, usually, unless I am trying to think about it, I have no problems with having scenes that I've read running through my mind. However, when I am writing, I often dream about my next scenes subconsciously.

Monique: What is your biggest accomplishment?

Jesyka: Well, damn. I'm not sure. Hehe. Watching all 8 seasons of Charmed in a week and a half? It felt like a really big accomplishment at the time. :P Okay, but seriously... haha, damn this is a harder question that I thought it would be. I mean, I don't really feel like I have accomplished very much at this point in my life... Maybe my art... I feel quite accomplished to know that right now, something I drew is hanging on a wall in someones house. Aside from that... my writing... I guess. 

Monique: Is the Genre you read, the same as the genre you write?

Jesyka: Hmmm, yes and no. Most of my writing falls into the Paranormal Genre, but not all. I also don't write romance much. I mostly read Para Romance and Sci-Fi, but I write Para and Edgy Lit-Fic. Or, as my friends call it, depressing-cliff-hangers, with no happy endings. Ever. Hehe. 

Monique: Are you a Pantser, or a Plotter?

Jesyka: I am a Plotter-ish. I tend to over think a little, hehe. I usually get the first few chapters out, and then my mind goes to fast for me, so I have to write things out, before I forget then. Which then leads to plotting out the outlines. 

Monique: Describe the perfect character, have you created/found him/her yet?

Jesyka: Haha, actually, I did make my perfect character!!! But then I killed her off!!! Hehe. She was a really great character, I loved her. She was artistic, and had a lot of depth, was troubled, but sweet... and then I killed her off... so clearly I am an idiot!!!
I have had a few characters that I've really found a connection with though. I try to make all of my character really different from each other, but occasionally they have overlapping tendencies. Most of my female characters harbor some desire or fascination with death.

Monique: Do you ever base your characters (no nesicaraly your leads) on real people?

Jesyka:  Umm... no, I don't really base any of my characters on anyone, but sometimes, I will give my characters little idiosyncrasies, and aspect of people that I know in real life. Usually just small things, like words that they use, or phrases things like that. A lot of my characters, especially my female leads, have little bits in them that come from me spending time with my friends and picking things up, like the way they say things, or looks that they give people, sometimes habits that they have, like shrugging.

Monique: Tell us something about you that has nothing to do with Literature

Jesyka: Crap... umm, that's a hard one... I really love photography... and quotes... which is kinda literature... but oh well. I love quotes, I am always quoting lyrics, or old sayings, or movies, lines from books, TV Show. Anything. I just love quotes!!! If that doesn't count... Umm... I have three dogs, who I love more than life itself. They are the boss of me, it sounds strange, but if you met us, you would understand. I am the slave. I am only here to feed and to pet. Oh, and for huggles!!! Hehe.

Monique: do you ever get embaressed by the covers of your books when you are reading in public?

Jesyka: Haha, yes!!! The other day I was on the bus, and I was reading and I got this really weird look from the lady sitting on the sideways seat (that might not make sense, hehe) but, yeah, and I'm like 'She is looking at me weird... what did I do?' and then I remembered the book I was reading was called 'Naked Dragon' and it had a semi-naked man on the cover!!! Hehe. I was like... awkward... *hides book*

Monique: If you could have written one book, no matter what era, what book would you have writen?

Jesyka: I think, if I could have written any book, I would have to choose Anna Karenin by Leo Tolstoy. It is beautifully tragic, and such a classic. I mean, it is nothing like my writing, I will never be as good as Tolstoy, but, it is an amazing and tragic story. And we all know how much I love tragedy. 
Monique: Do you ever get to a rather, hot, scene in a book and think that, maybe you should not be reading this in public?

Jesyka: Haha, this reminds me of something. Hehe. Last year sometimes, I was on a train... haha, you know this is gunna be a good story, ha!!! Anyways I was on a train, with my Parental -_- and I was reading 'Love In A Time Of Dragons by Katie Macallister', such a funny book, but then it got to a really steamy part and I was like... 'On the train... sitting next to my Parental... yep, this is to freaky *puts books away*' haha. It was really weird. 

Monique: you have an Orange M&M, A Blue M&M and a Red M&M which do you eat first?

Jesyka: I eat the Orange, the Blue and then the Red. In descending order from least to most fav. :P

Monique: Favorite quote in the entire world, and why?

Jesyka: Noooo!!! I can't pick just one!!! It simply cannot be done. No way.

I will pick a quote that means a lot to me, but is not necessarily my all-time fav quote. 

"To all of my friends, where do I start? I know I'd be dead without you in my heart"  It is a line from a song byThe Spill Canvas. The reason it means a lot to me is pretty obvious, but basically, my friends mean the world to me, and I would be absolutely lost with out them <3

Monique: Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper?

Jesyka: I am a folder. I almost always fold my TP, but, and I know this is going to sound really strange, but on Tuesdays and Thursday, I scrunch my TP. Hehe, I know how strange I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated :D