Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Jeskya Interviews Monique.

Jeskya Interviews Monique.

Jeskya: What is your biggest inspiration?

Monique: Geez, don’t start them off easy or anything!! I have a number of inspirations, Music, friends, family, good times, bad times, the general world, but my biggest and most favorite inspiration is My Animals! 

Jeskya: Who is your favorite author and do you think your writing has a similar style?

Monique: Hmm, it is a Tie between Lisa Schroeder and Laurie Halse Anderson. and i would say, no, Lisa writes in verse, so no i don’t write in verse Laurie writes. . . in her own style. so no we dont have a similar writing Style, but we do write about similar things.

Jeskya: What would you say is your greatest accomplishment, to date?

Monique: Owning my Joely? ok so that is my favorite one, but my biggest one would have to be Completing my first novel, through high school and my earlier twenties, i could never ever finish a story about anything, even while talking, so finishing that would have to be it.

Jeskya: What is your favorite band, or album by a band to listen to while writing, or reading?

Monique: Hmmmm, i try not to listen to music while i read, otherwise i will find myself paying more attention to the music then the book and that is not fair on the book, *pets closest book* When i write, I listen to playlists not one particular band or album, i have a playlist for my current WIP that has about 26 songs in it for ever mood to in the story, From Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus to Smile by Avril Lavigine, to Buried Alive by Avenged Sevenfold, Kelly Clarkson, rob Thomas, the list could go on, and on!! But my favorite band/CD to write to, where i can get a different idea every time i listen to it, is Waking The Fallen by Avenged Sevenfold

Jeskya: When picking names for your characters, do you give any thought to the meaning behind the name?
Monique: Nope, i would have to say never, the main plan when i pick names is the era, for example i have a 1600's character, so i named her Bronte, I have a 2000's character Named Emily, the name has to suit the character and the era that’s my only criteria i think . . lol

Jeskya: How have your personal experiences affected your writing?

Monique: To cut a long story short. Yes! I think who ever says no to that is lying. I may have gone through some hard stuff and may still be going through some hard stuff today, but without, most, of that stuff i wouldn’t even be a writer, reader whatever, i would be totally different and i don’t even know if i would like the person i would be without it all, so in short yes ma'am!

Jeskya: What genre of books do you like to read and what do you like to write? 

Monique: Hmm, Most of the books i read are YA Paranormal Romanceish i do like Literary Fiction and some other genre's too, I like to write words. . . . oh you want me to elaborate? I'll try. I am known to write mostly hardluck type stories, and i do enjoy that alot, I also try to write YA PR but i think i am better at the hard luck type stuff, you'll have to ask Jes! Lol

Jeskya: If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be? 

Monique: Hmm i am really not sure, i would like to say something really cool like, a lion, i am kind of attached to being a human, but i do love my animals, i would have to say a cat.

Jeskya: What book are you most looking forward to being release this year?

Monique: I have no idea what is coming out there is about 6 weeks left off the booking year and i am not sure what is left, there are a few i am looking forward to next year, i have some friends who are releasing, Ohh Pretty in Black was just Released, i cannot wait to read that!

Jeskya: Have you ever hated something you wrote?

Monique: We are our own worst critiques, said someone wise!! I wouldn’t say i hate an entire story i wrote. . . Maybe them ones back in high school about real people that weren’t celebs. . . . *shudders* I hate sections of a lot of things i have wrote, if that makes sense I hate alot, i usually start out hating something and end up liking it. 

Jeskya: Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Monique: My biggest problem with writing is lacking the power of ignoring everything and just writing. That is challenging for me. With the content, not so much, recently i lost a loved one, and had to kill a main character off in a story and i just couldn’t do it, or leave it like that, it drove me insane i couldn’t describe my main's feeling because i havent dealt with them my self yet. 

Jeskya: If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Monique: Jes, Cuz she's my bestie ILY!!!!! *love heart hands*
My Cat, Joel, RIP,  is the first person that comes to mind, but he is not human, to most so i'll chose someone else
This is a super hard question, like really super hard, There are a tonne of dead People that i would love to chat with, but i dont know, Jes, you are so mean, i think, i would have to say Benji Madden, he has been the constance *who do you want to have coffee with* guy for a long long time. Why? So i can ask him to marry jes? well there’s that and the fact that he is just super inspirational to me, he has come through a lot and just keeps owning at everything, when i say 'i want to conquer the world' i want to conquer it in the same way Benji Madden has!!!!

Jeskya: What is something about you that has nothing t do with literature?

Monique: gah like Jes, my life pretty much revolves around the L word, and i don’t mean love. When i am not trying to conquer the world on the interwebs i am a huge family person. I love my family, i love helping people, i like annoying people on facebook, If it hasn’t come across already i love my animals, i love awesome views, like mountain sides by the water, or a pretty sunset, but they inspire me to write soooo?

Jeskya: How do you decide on a name for your novel?

Monique: All my novels have working titles, which are usually from a song, or a quote or just the feeling i get when i am writing the novel, Though high school I/we would always name our stories after songs, but i think we were running out of songs, these days my non working titles i try to think of a name that will sum up the whole story in one word, i think i do that pretty well!

Jeskya: Who is the last person you usually think about before you fall asleep? 

Monique: Sleep, what is thee? hmm i try not to think about people, because i am already insane enough!! I usually fall asleep am cuddling My kitten Ollie, with his girl Angel Close by! so Ollie, sometimes, not often, i lay awake for a while thinking about Damon Salvatore or M Shadows and pray i will have good dreams!

Jeskya: Do you have any strange phobias? 

Monique: Hair, like dead hair in a brush and stuff, i am not even going to elaborate, blerhh

Jeskya: Who is you fav character, from any TV Show?

Monique: This is hard, i usually just pick the hottest guy, cause i am superficial like that. So Damon Salvatore and Dean Winchester take that!!! but in seriousness, I choose Brooke Davis from One Tree Hill, She is just such a strong character that never backs down and stands up for what she believes in.

Jeskya: If you could only listen to one song, for the rest of your life, what song would you pick?

Monique: sooo TOO MANY to chose from, right now in this second, and has been for a long time, Buried Alive by Avenged Sevenfold

Jeskya: Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper?

Monique: Mostly scrunch! Depends if I think about it or not! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated :D